Christian Unified Admissions
Welcome to Christian Unified Schools of San Diego! You are to be commended for your diligence in researching the best possible educational setting for your child. It is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent.
The dominant philosophy at CUSSD is to enroll Christian young people eager to mature as leaders and Christian statesmen. Secondary, is the desire to accept a number of students who are near mission matches in categories of importance: a good home, a cooperative spirit, respect for Christian values and authority, a pledge to be diligent and a commitment to our mission statement. Over the years many young people who were not blessed with a strong Christian background have experienced profound life changes through their exposure to the Scripture and a Biblical worldview while enrolled at CUSSD.
- Applications can be downloaded and prepared manually. The application is in pdf format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat please click here to download the Adobe Reader.
- Please note: If you are using the Chrome browser, you will need to download and save the Admissions Application and/or the Sibiling Application to your computer and then print.
- Printed applications can be picked up at each of our locations, or we would be happy to mail you one. Please contact Kim Johnston at 619-201-8888 to request an application.
Where To Begin?
Please follow the steps below to help assist us in completing the admissions process in a timely manner. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to call the Admissions Office at 619-201-8888.
Click here: Download an application
- Please read over our admissions packet and the Family Statement of Faith located in the application to ensure that Christian Unified School’s mission and philosophy fit your desires for educating your child. We want to partner with our families to help our students be successful.
- If you have not done so, schedule a Campus Tour or attend one of our Admissions Events by contacting Admissions Director at 619-201-8888 or Email Kim Johnston
- Complete the application and bring all the items in Section A to the Admissions office, including the application fee of $175. If multiple children are applying, print and complete the sibling application(s) and the required addendums for each subsequent child. Download Sibling Application.
- Drop off the Character Reference, Teacher Questionnaire and Administrator Questionnaire and ask that they be returned to us by fax, email or mail.
- Collect the items for Section B and turn them in to the Admissions Office. Testing and interviews will not be scheduled until all items are turned in.
What Happens Next?
After we receive your completed application packet, you can expect the following:
Within two days: A letter will be sent out confirming receipt of the application and space availability
*Within the first week: Initial review is completed. Contact from the Admissions Office or site secretary to schedule testing. (Elementary testing/interview are simultaneous)
Within 1 week of testing: Admissions Office will schedule JH/HS family interviews
Within 1 week of interview: Admissions Committee decision will be mailed by Admissions Office.
*If an application is turned in before the priority deadline, testing will be postponed until after the deadline has passed. If there is not space available in the grade requested, your child will be placed on a wait pool and you will be notified when your application is pulled for testing.
If Accepted, When Will My Child Be Enrolled?
Enrollment contracts are sent by mail within 2 days of acceptance from the Admissions Committee. Contracts are due within 14 business days of acceptance along with the registration fee of $325. Once you complete the contract and the registration fee is received, your child will be officially enrolled at Christian Unified Schools!
You will receive instructions from the Business Office regarding tuition payment in May, or within 10 business days after being accepted, based on the month in which acceptance occurs.
If you have applied for a tuition grant, you must sign the acceptance contract and pay the registration fee before receiving a grant. If the Business Office is unable to create a grant package for you that you can afford, the registration fee will be refunded to you.
Should your enrollment occur after the school year has begun, the Principal will establish a start date for your student(s).
For More Information, please contact the Admissions Office at 619-201-8888. Please complete our Request for more Information and specify the nature of your request in the notes box. Other ways to learn more about us:
- Schedule a meeting with the Admissions Director
- Schedule a tour of one or both of our campuses
- Schedule a date for your student to shadow (for 6th-12th grade only) (Prospective students interested in grades 6-12 may shadow a current student during a regular school day and experience life at Christian Unified. Your student is paired with a responsible CUSSD student in the same grade and with similar interests. Tuesdays are recommended so your student can experience our weekly chapel, but any day of the week can be arranged.)
- RSVP for one of our monthly Information Nights or Snapshot Tours: Admissions Dates and Events
We look forward to serving your family,
Mrs. Kim Johnston
Christian Unified Schools
2100 Greenfield Drive
El Cajon, CA 92019
International Students should click on the menu link for more specific information on International Student Admissions.
Christian Unified Schools of San Diego admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.