Ministry Fair: Saturday/Sunday, January 27th and 28th
Our annual Ministry Fair this year features over 60 different booths or displays that literally fill up our new Event Center. Our Ministry Fair not only features our ministry displays, but it also includes all kinds of food…sliders, popcorn, kettle corn, and much more. And there are clowns for the kids and jugglers and face painting. Come see what's happening at Shadow Mountain Community Church.
MHK LIVE! is our brand new, monthly, 50-minute production where kids and parents come together for a shared family experience. This high-energy, fun, interactive production uses songs, movement, live comedy sketches, and video to talk about matters of faith and character that we like to call "Life Apps", in a relevant and engaging way. Because we seek to partner with you as parents, we’re providing this unique setting where you get to explore the things your kids are learning about all month long in Mountain High Kids. We also provide takeaways for your kids to continue to discover and apply the Life Apps at home – where you have the greatest impact.
Free Popcorn & Red Vines
Faith-building Stories, Skits and Videos
Friday, February 3rd at 6:00 pm
SMCC Event Center
Doors open at 5:30 pm
Forest Home Middle School Winter Camp February 3rd-5th 2017
Cost covers camp fees and CREW counselors.
Bring extra money for anything you will want to buy at camp!
The whole amount is due as soon as possible, we do have some scholarship $4 available. Scholarship forms are on line or pick them up at CREW. We still have a few spots available.
There are 2 permission slips to fill out, one for the camp online and one for the church. Please pick the church one up in the Crew room. You will receive a link for the one to do online as soon as you sign up with a deposit.
We will leave at 2:30pm on Friday, Feb. 3rd and will return at 1:30pm on Sunday, Feb. 5th
HOW TO PREPARE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL WINTER CAMP
It may be warm or cold, muddy or rainy when campers arrive at camp, so be ready for anything!
- Luggage that is clearly labeled inside and out (It’s a good idea to place the camper’s name, address, phone # and SMCC on everything you want back with a permanent marker.)
- Sleeping bag and pillow (Tip: Roll the pillow in the sleeping bag and make sure the sleeping bag is in a water-tight bag, a plastic trash bag will do.)
- Bible & Pen
- General toiletries: soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, etc.
- Chap stick and sunscreen
- Clothing for three days, at least 2 pairs of long pants
- Socks (bring extras) and underwear
- A warm hat or beanie, mittens, gloves & scarf
- Sweatshirt (evenings can be very cold, bring layers)
- At least two pairs of shoes in case one gets wet.
- Poncho or other light rain gear
- Spending money for gift shop, and the awesome Forest Home Clubhouse snack shop.
All medications must be in their original pharmacy container along with written instructions. Place them in a single gallon sized Ziploc plastic bag with the camper’s name printed on it. (PLEASE NOTE: If meds are not in the original container they cannot and will not administer them.)
February 3rd - 5th, 2017
For more information, contact: